Thursday, May 10, 2007

Week 7

All of the images posted below were found by searching Google image.













Friends
Nothing beats a boy and man's best friend. One of the most loyal friends you will ever have will always be your pets. Whenever I felt sad or upset over something playing with my dog would always make me feel better. I could tell him anything and never be judged or have to worry about rumors or gossip. For this picture I used text to write on the boys t-shirt # 1 Dog Lover and to right over the dog's fur Boys Best Friend.



















Communication
Another adventure for the Verizon Wireless Man. In America we have an ad by Verizon Wireless where this dude goes all over the world to places where one would think there would be no reception and repeats into the phone "Do you hear me now". The ad is meant to show how good Verizon Wireless reception is, but the phrase has become a joke among most of America. In this picture I added a cell phone to the hand of the soldier and made a little voice bubble with the catch phrase "Do you hear me now".










News Worthy

Australia in 50 years. Since I have arrived in Australia I have been confronted daily on the news about the water crisis and the level 5 water restrictions. After watching the special on global warming with Al Gore I am certain that Australia needs to find a way to fix this water crisis before it is too late. In this picture I took a picture of Australia, went over it to make it more defined and then pasted it on top of a picture of an empty dam. I then erased the middle of Australia so that the picture of the dam would show through and Australia would appear as an outline over the dam.















Australian

A miniature Steve Irwin. Boy they start them young over here:) When I think of Australia one of the first images that comes to my head is Steve Irwin wrestling a crocodile. The only explanation that I can think of for that type of insanity is that Australian children must be taught from birth how to wrestle these monsters. In this photo I cut the image of a child crawling and pasted it on top of the image of a crocodile.

















Popular

This is how normal people always act around those that are popular. It seems as though once you're classified as "popular" everyone bows down to kiss the ground you walk on. A popular person can get a normal person to do anything just by hinting at the promise of popularity in return. In this photo I took a picture of Carmen Electra and whitened out the background. I then took this picture and a picture of a man bowing and pasted them together on a blank frame.














Games

When I see the word games I automatically think of the greatest game on this planet...Baseball!! When I think of baseball I simultaneously think of the New York Yankees, the greatest team on this earth. Since baseball is about as American as apple pie I decided to make a picture that would display baseball's origins. I took a picture of a baseball player and pasted it over a picture of an American flag. I then adjusted the opacity of the baseball player to 75.


















Celebrity

Uh oh, someone is in the dog house. Who let the dogs out.....who who who who. Paris Hilton, Hollywood's most famous debutant, has recently been arrested and sentenced to 43 days in jail. This sentence has now been reduced to 24 for good behavior (she actually showed up to her court hearings). There is nothing better then reading about a celebrity who acts above the law, yet winds up doing time just like us normal folk. To create this image I took a picture of a jail cell, pasted it over a picture of Paris Hilton, then erased the areas between the bars where Paris's picture was underneath. This is my favorite of all the images I created.

No comments: